Dr. Aloy j mukherjee
Dr aloy j mukherjee is associated with us as a senior consultant in the department of surgery. Prior to this, he has been associated with fortis healthcare and rockland hospitals. After completing his masters in surgery in 2001, he completed his senior residency in surgery from aiims, new delhi in 2004. He has over 15 years of experience in surgical teaching and practice. His key fields of expertise include advanced laparoscopic and thoracoscopic surgery, surgical gastroenterology, endocrine surgery, colo-rectal surgery and bariatric surgery.
Awards and achievements
- Awarded the honorary membership of the national academy of medical sciences for
- Achievements and contribution in the discipline of surgery (2008)
- First position holder at the first fellowship course of the indian association of gastrointestinal endosurgeons, new delhi (2008)
- Ossicon 2008 best paper award-presented a video lecture” laparoscopic gastric bypass after previous nissen fundoplication in a morbidly obese patient” as part of invited faculty at the 6th annual conference of the obesity surgery society of india (23rd-25th april’2008,ossicon,kolkata)
- Pioneer and part of the surgical team that performed the first bariatric surgery at indraprastha apollo hospitals new delhi in 2007(rnygp).
- Performed more than 5000 successful laparoscopic gallbladder surgeries using 5mm incisions.
- Performed more than 1000 advanced laparoscopic procedures including single incision laparoscopic surgery (sils).
- Certificate of merit awarded by indian academy of pediatrics for having achieved excellence in the 6th iap pediatric quiz 1992/93 (1992)
Fellowships / memberships
- Fellow of indian association of gastro endoscopic surgeons (fiages).
- Fellow in advanced laparoscopic surgery (iages) .
- Tutor –surgical skills course, ethicon institute of surgical education.
- Member, national academy of medical sciences (2008)-awarded for outstanding and exemplary achievement and contribution in surgical sciences.
- Indian association of gastro endoscopic surgeons (iages) membership no: 1465
- Life member of the association of surgeons of india (asi)- fl.15321
- Life member delhi medical association (dma)-sdb-3047
- Life member indian medical association
- Life member-the aiimsonians