Dr. Beena Hameed
Bone and Joint Orthopedics, Trauma and spinal surgery
Al Zahra Dubai
Dr Beena Hameed is a consultant rheumatologist and internist, accredited and certified from the Joint Royal Colleges Training Board, UK. She has 28 years’ experience in Internal Medicine, and 20 years’ experience in Rheumatology. She has been trained and practised at some of the London’s most recognised institutions including King’s College, St. George’s, Guys and St Thomas’ Hospital. She has practised internal medicine and rheumatology in Pakistan, the UK and UAE, helping her better understand her patients’ different cultural, religious and educational needs.
In addition to her clinical training, she has completed two years of a Masters’ degree in Clinical Research in Rheumatology and has been involved in training and teaching in association with Queen Mary University of London as a clinical lecturer and regularly participates in PACES teaching in UK. She has published her research papers in some of the leading international peer-reviewed journals and presented her research work in local and international meetings. She is an invited speaker at local and international meetings. She believes in treating patients with rheumatic diseases using innovative evidence-based therapies. Dr. Hameed has a keen interest in use of musculoskeletal ultrasound for diagnostic and therapeutic rheumatic diseases.
Her scope of work includes the diagnosis and treatment of:
1. Arthritis including rheumatoid arthritis, Psoriatic arthritis, gout and osteoarthritis.
2. Metabolic bone disease including osteoporosis, osteomalacia, vitamin D Deficiency and Paget’s disease
3. Connective tissue diseases such as Systemic Lupus, myositis, systemic sclerosis and vasculitis
4. Soft tissue rheumatism, local back, neck, shoulder, knee pain and foot pain and other generalised body pain, as well as joint swelling or stiffness.
5. She performs procedures such as joints aspiration, injections and soft tissue injections
6. She is skilful in performing ultrasound-guided injections.
7. She also has vast experience in use of biologic agents in the management of auto-immune arthritis