Dr. Vidya Krishna
Child specialist -Paediatrics
SRMC - Sri Ramachandra Medical Center
M.D (Pediatrics), Fellow in Adult and Pediatric Infectious Diseases.
Area(s) of Specialization:
• 8 years in Pediatrics, 3 years in Infectious Diseases - Underwent 1 year training in Pediatric Infectious Diseases in SRMC from 2014-2015 and 2 years training in Adult Infectious Diseases in Apollo Hospitals, Chennai from 2015-2017).
• Invited speaker in conferences- lectures and panel discussions.
Fellowships / Memberships:
• Tamil Nadu Dr. M. G. R. Medical University Fellowship in Infectious Diseases (2017).
• IAP fellow in Pediatric Infectious Diseases (2015).
• Indian Academy of Pediatrics. (L/2010/K- 1573).
• IAP- Pediatric Infectious Diseases Chapter.
• European Society of Pediatric Infectious Diseases
• “Enteric fever in children below two years- Need for an effective conjugate vaccine” in Indian Journal of Pediatrics; 2014. 81(5); 511.
• “Streptococcal Toxic Shock Syndrome” in Indian Journal of Pediatrics; 2014. 81(9); 946-48.
• “Changing Profile of Pediatric Community Acquired UTI in a Hospital in South India” in Journal of Tropical Pediatrics; 2014.60(6); 483.
• “An Unusual presentation of Extra Hepatic Portal Venous Obstruction” in Indian Journal of Child Health, 2015; 2(1): 27-8, April 2015.
• “Partial Splenic Artery Embolization in the Management of Hypersplenism in Cirrhosis” in Indian Pediatrics, September 2015.
• Study physician - WHO bOPV vaccine trial
Awards and Honours:
• Gold medal in IAP Pediatric Infectious Diseases Fellowship (2015).
• Recipient of Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Travel grant for
Young Investigators at the 17Th International Conference of Infectious Diseases (ICID) in March 2016.