Al Zahra Dubai
American board certified in Neurology.
Fellowship in Clinical Neurophysiology- Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, USA.
Diplomat in Neurology from the same institution.
Internship at Sinai Hospital, Detroit, Michigan, USA.
Diplomat in Chinese Acupuncture from Chengdu University, Sichuan, China.
Previously consultant Neurologist at the American Center for Psychiatry and Neurology (ACPN), Burjeel hospital and Healthbay Polyclinic in Dubai.
Previously Consultant neurologist, and teaching staff at Damascus University hospital.
Member of the American Academy of Neurology (FAAN), and the European Academy of Neurology (MEAN), Emirates Neurology Society (EMINS), and Syrian league against epilepsy (Syr LAE).
Well experienced neurologist, with more than 20 years of experience in the governmental and private sectors.
● Headaches and Migraines.
● Dizziness and vertigo.
● Seizure disorders, fainting, and epilepsy.
● Weakness, numbness, all motor, and sensory disturbances.
● Balance and coordination problems.
● Sleep disorders.
● Double vision, losing parts of the vision, visual disturbances.
● Speech and language disorders.
● Behavioral Disorders.
● Cerebrovascular disease and strokes.
● Spinal cord disorders.
● Movement disorders, including essential tremors and Parkinson’s disease.
● Memory problems and Neurodegenerative disorders, such as Alzheimer’s disease.
● Demyelinating diseases of the central nervous system, such as multiple sclerosis.
● Infections of the brain and peripheral nervous system.
● Neuro-oncology, brain and spinal cord tumors.
Procedures and Tests
● Botox for a migraine, dystonia, facial spasm and other Neurological problems.
● Nerve conduction studies and EMG.
● Electroencephalography (EEG, Video EEG, prolonged EEG..etc)
● Polysomnogram and MSLTs.
● Evoked Potentials.
● Trigger point and Mesotherapy injections.
● Acupuncture and dry needling.
● Lumbar puncture for diagnosis and treatment.