If you want to get you gorgeous babies looking more fuller and classy, boob jobs are the best option for you. This cosmetic surgery is a trendy feature among many ladies today, especially famous celebrities with glamour radiating all around them.
Boob jobs have a very high success rate and though there are possible complications, these risks have been reduced due to the advancement in surgical procedures. Here is all you need to know about boob jobs.
What Is A Boob Job?
A boob job is any cosmetic reconstructive surgical procedure which is done to enhance the size, shape and contour of your breasts, in order to make it look fuller and larger. This procedure is done to provide balance to your overall figure.
Boob job is also referred to as ‘Breast Augmentation’, ‘Augmentation Mammoplasty’, or ‘Breast Enlargement’.
Boob Job and Breast Lifts
‘Boob job’ should not be confused with ‘breast lift’. Where boob job is done to make the breasts look bigger and fuller, breast lift is done to make the breasts look perkier by repostioning, lifting, and reshaping the breasts. Breast lifts are done by people with sagging breast and who wish to make them stand.
Breast lifts can be done with or without implants, meanwhile, a boob job must have something—fat or implants—put in the breasts to make them fuller. However, a boob job can also be done alongside a breast lift to make the breasts look both fuller and perkier.
Why Get A Boob Job?
You can get boob job for several reasons. Some of these reasons include:
- To improve the appearance of your breasts, making it look fuller, curvier, rounder, and bigger.
- Due to a weight loss that has left your breasts sagging and smaller.
- To improve on any defects on the chest wall that may have affected the breasts.
- To improve on your breast asymmetry/uneven breasts size, by making the smaller breast even to the bigger one.
- To give a natural look to your breast after undergoing mastectomy/breast surgery, due to breast cancer or any other related health condition.
- To regain or improve on the shape of your breasts after pregnancy and breast feeding.
- To maintain a youthful appearance, as you loss the elasticity of your breasts as you grow older.
- For self confidence and esteem, as small, drooping, disproportioned breasts can make you feel unsure of yourself in certain clothes, in a relationship, career, and other reasons.
Types of Boob Job
Breast augmentation are basically of two types; breast implants and fat transfer.
- Breast Implants
In implants, the surgical procedure involves the use of artificial materials, filled with certain liquids, and placed the pocket of the breast, underneath or on top of the pectoral muscles to give the breasts a fuller look. Breast implants are not considered as permanent or lifetime solutions. You have to go for regular check-ups and have subsequent surgeries because they can develop complications as the years go by.
There are different types of breast implants, according to which is suitable for you:
- Saline-filled Implants
In this procedure, is recommended if you are 18 and above. The implants are filled with sterile salt water within the breasts at the time of the surgery. The implant is first placed in the pocket and then filled with saline water, allowing determination and modification of breast size.
These implants are better because they require small incision and it allows for easy choice of size, as the water is filled into the implant when it is already in the pocket.
Saline implants are safer compared to other implants because on rupture, the saltwater is safely absorbed by the body without causing harm, and rupture can easily be detected.
However, saline breast implants do not feel natural as other implants do. They are heavier and ripples are much likely to be visible underneath the skin. Also, they rupture more easily than other implants. But to top it all, they are the most affordable.
- Silicone-filled Implants
This is recommended if you are above 22 years.
The implants are pre-filled with silicone gel—a soft elastic gel—and are available in various sizes and cups. You get to choose the size you want and the pre-filled implants is placed in the pocket of your breasts. They are the most common implants and feel more natural and softer compared to other implants. Since they are completely round, they do not move and have less ripples underneath the skin like the saline implants and if they rupture, it is not noticed, as they still maintain their shape. Silicone implants need a bigger incision since the are pre-filled before they are placed into the pockets of the breast. They are also only available in a round shape and if you want a teardrop shape, they won’t be appropriate.
They can be dangerous on rupture as they are not noticeable and the soft gel may cause harm especially if you are allergic. Therefore, it is advised that you go for regular MRI tests, typically 3 years after the first surgery and 2 years subsequently, to check if they are still in place. Also, avoid any strenous activity that can rupture the implants.
- Cohesive Silicone Gel-filled Implants
This is also referred to as ‘Gummy Bear’ or ‘Form Stable’, and are recommended only if you are over 22 years old.
These implants are thicker and firmer than the regular silicone-filled implants. It is pre-filled with cohesive silicone gel, in both teardrop and round shapes of different sizes.
With a teardrop shape, you can have a more natural look than other silicone implants and there is a lower rate of rippling and rupture.
Cohesive silicone gel implants require longer incisions than the other implants, and since they are firmer, they do not feel as natural as regular silicone implants. Nevertheless, they are the most expensive implants.
- Fat Transfer
Also known as fat grafting, or natural boob job, autologous fat transfer is an alternative to great implants, especially if you find getting an implant uncomfortable and risky, and if you want to reduce fat from other places you are uneasy about.
Fat transfer involves the removal of fat from an area of your body where there is a substantial level of fat to your breasts via liposuction. Fat is mostly removed from the stomach, thighs and hips. The good fat is processed and refined, which involves the fat and stem cells being separated from unusable fluids through a centrifuge. The good fat is then reinjected into the breasts to make them bigger and fuller.
This augmentation is not the right option for thin women and is less common. It is safer because it uses the natural fats and not implants to keep your breasts fuller and contoured. Your breasts maintain a natural feel and look, and are at no risk of erupting. They have low complication rates and a good safety record.
Fat transfers are a faster surgical procedure and recovery rate. It requires small incision and scars lesser than implants. It also allows you maintain a contoured shape since excess fat is removed from a part of your body and injected into your breasts.
However, the fat transfer is limited to the amount of fat that can be gotten from the donor site. You may need to reduce your breast augmentation, especially if you don’t have enough fat deposits. The fat survival rate is unpredictable, although 50 to 70 percent of fat cells is expected to survive, it can be inconsistent and can result into asymmetry. Also, you might need a breast lift because your breast might still sag.
Who Is Eligible For A Boob Job?
To be the right candidates for a breast augmentation, you should meet the following criteria:
- You have to be in good health. There should be no active infections or serious sickness and make sure there is no case of breast cancer.
- Make sure to be mentally stable and have a positive mindset towards the surgery.
- You do not smoke and you do not consume much amount of alcohol in order to enable you recover faster.
- If you want to have saline implants, make sure you are at least 18 years.
- Make sure to be more than 22 years if you want to get silicone implants.
Risk Involved In Boob Jobs
The possible complications of breasts augmentation are numerous, especially when it involves breast implants. But with the number of surgeries, there has been a high success rate and these negative side effects are turning out to be on a low percentage because of the advancement of these surgeries and good aftercare.however, it is still important to know the possible risks involved.
- Scarring and Capular Contracture
Scarring tissues are expected to heal, but in some cases, if not taken care of properly, they can turn red, swollen and become infected. Also, too many scar tissues may form around implants, ‘capular contracture’, resisting them, and this can make your breasts feel very hard and make you uncomfortable. You need to contact your doctor if that happens, and you might need another surgery to correct it.
Wounds from the surgery if not taken care of, might contact bacteria and become infected, becoming red and swollen. Contact your surgeon who is likely to prescribed antibiotics.
- Ruptures and Deflation
Implants are at a risk of rupturing although medicine has improved on implants in a way that they are made with much stronger outer cases with a low risk of rupture. Yet, in few cases, they still do. Ruptures can be dangerous in silicone implants, because it is hard to know they are ruptured as they still retain their form, but than, the gel are even more dangerous as they can form small lumps spread around the body and can become irritable for woman with allergies. Saline implants, however, are safer, as the fluid can be easily absorbed by the body, and on rupture, they are noticable and can easily be taken care of. A rupture means having another surgery.
This occurs mainly in fat transfer and saline implant. One breast might appear smaller than the other.
After surgery, there can be collection of blood around the surgical area. This can lead to swelling and severe pains. Another surgery is needed for intervention.
- Loss of Nipples and Breast Sensation
In surgery, the nerve endings of the nipples can be interfered with, especially when you are having a bigger implant inserted. The skin gets to stretch out more, and the nerves may loss function. However, in some cases, the sensation can be restored 6 to 18 months after surgery.
- Breastfeeding and Lactation Problems
If you underwent fat transfer, this is hardly going to be a problem. For implants, however, the risks are higher especially if the implant is inserted via the nipples. Risk is reduced if implants are placed underneath the muscles of the breast, as the mammary gland can work without pressure on them.
Lumps can form around the implants under the skin. This can result to another surgery.
Swollen or enlarged lumph nodes around the breast region.
- Inflammation, irritation and breast pains. Dead cells can also appear around the operated breasts.
- Breast cancer and connective tissue diseases.
These are a few complications that may likely occur when a breast augmentation is done. Most times, when complications occur, if they can not be corrected with time or with antibiotics, your surgeon will need to perform another surgery.
With the advancement in medicine, the risk in plastic surgeries have been floored to the barest minimum. Boob jobs are not left out in this. Breast augmentation has become one of the most sorts after cosmetic surgeries among women, especially in developed countries. These women seek enhanced appearances and having bigger fuller breasts is just one of the best ways to look classier.
Boob job is often referred to as the Kardashian trend and so many women all around the world follow this trend with little or no complications. In fact, in the US,—which is the country with the highest breast enhancement surgeries in the world—it is estimated that 98 per cent of women who undergo the surgery are over satisfied with the outcome. The other 2 percent have little complications which are easily fixed.
A breast augmentation surgery, you have to consult with your surgeon who will go through your medical history, determine is your mentally capable of handling the surgery, and then carry out lab test to ensure you are fit for the surgery. A day will be fixed for the procedure. You are advised to:
- Quit smoking for a month or more before the surgery
- Stop drinking alcohol for a month or more.
- Do not take any medications that interfere with your healing process.
- Do not eat on the day of your surgery because you might be nauseous due to the anaesthesia.
- You’ll be cleaned up especially your breast area.
- Anaesthesia will be given to you. You can either choose to remain awake with pains numbed around your breast, or you can go to sleep.
- An incision will be made under your breast according to the size of the implant.
- For saline implants, sterile salt water will be filled into the implant until it is the right size you want. For silicone implants, you must have already chosen the size and they will be placed in the pocket.
- After the implants are positioned right, the incision will be sealed up with sutures
- The sutures are then cleaned and bandaged.
In Fat Transfer:
- You are cleaned up, especially the breasts and donor site.
- Anaesthesia will be assigned to you according to the effect you want.
- Liposuction will be performed on the donor site. The extracted fat will be placed in a centrifuge where the fat and stem cells will be separated from the unusable fluids.
- The incision will be made underneath your breasts and the good fat will be injected into them till the are the appropriate size you want.
- The incision will be closed up, sutured, cleaned up, and bandaged.
- The donor site will be stitched back, cleaned, and bandaged.
You will be moved to the ICU unit to recover. Pain relievers will be administered to you to help ease the pains. You are expected to stay in the hospital for 2 to 4 days so your healing progress can be monitored. If your surgeon is comfortable with the progress, you can then be discharged.
Every woman is different and so are their recovery rates. However, it is estimated that breast augmentation takes 4 to 8 weeks to heal depending on the type of surgery and the woman’s body system.
In order to recover fast, here are guidelines you need to follow:
- After surgery, anaesthesia fades off and you will begin to fill pains, swelling, soreness, fatigue. You have to rest and avoid any activity and they will fade off as time goes on. For unbearable pains, your surgeon will prescribe pain relievers for you.
- Abstain from any strenuous job or activity till you are fully healed.
- Make sure to always clean the incision and change the bandages every day to avoid infection.
- Keep water away from your bandages. The wound should always be dry.
- As prescribed by your surgeon, take antibiotics to prevent scarring.
- Avoid smoking and reduce your alcohol intake as they lower the rate at which wounds heal.
- Do not put on bras till you no longer feel pains. That should be 4 to 6 weeks after your surgery.
- Make sure to wear comfortable bras when healed. Too tight bras can cause ruptures or deflation.
- Go in for regular check-ups.
You can go back to living normally after 8 weeks, but still, be careful of what activities you engage in especially if you had breast implants.
Where To Get A Boob Job?
Some countries see known for their plastic surgeries at lower prices, while some countries are more expensive. Even in the US, a country with the highest number of boob jobs in the world, a larger number of women travel out of the country to get medical surgeries abroad. A number of factors why include; the waiting list, the need for privacy, and most especially the high cost of breast augmentation in US. It is good to know the best countries to get a breast augmentation at very comfortable prices.
- India: This country ranks the highest, with the lowest possible rates and a high number of successful surgeries.
- South Korea
- Poland, etc.
How Much Does Boob Job Cost?
The cost of breast augmentation varies as regards the following:
- The type of augmentation
- The hospital or facility
- The surgeon.
- The country of surgery.
- The medications and lab tests needed, etc.
Therefore, an estimate cannot be validly given. You have to make a choice and consult with medical personnel or facilities to have a solid estimate.
Anavara can do that just for you. We are a medical facilitation company with affiliation to several surgeons and medical facilities all around the world. We can help you make the right choice at a cost affordable for you.