The size of a man’s penis, in recent times, is often the level of their pride. That is why the rate of penis enlargement is on the increase currently. The fact shows that the reason why men look for ways to make their penis look bigger is not that they feel small when they are erect, but rather because they feel small when they are at rest. Therefore, men are looking for ways to increase their penis size by making it look longer and thicker especially when fitted into a swimsuit or tight briefs.
Men who take penile enlargements seriously are often sportsmen such as athletic jumpers, wrestlers, swimmers, baseballers, footballers, etc, as they mostly are dressed in tight sportswear which reveals the outlines of their genitals.
What is Penile Lengthening?
Penile lengthening is any process used to improve the appearance and looks of a man’s genitals by increasing the length. It is a part of penis enlargement which can either be penis thickening or penis lengthening.
Reasons for Penile Lengthening
Penile lengthening is a big deal for some men. Their need to have a bigger penis is mostly for the following reasons:
- To improve the appearance of their penis
- To improve their sex life.
- To fill out attire like boxers and sports shorts in an attractive way especially for sportsmen, strippers, and dancers.
Ways to Lengthen Your Penis
Due to the rate at which men are looking forward to increasing their genital size, several data have been invented to help with this.
This is considered the safest way to increase the size of your penis, although it takes a lot of time and effort on your part. The exercise involves you using your hands to either jelq, level, or stretch your dick, working on the muscles and drawing blood into the member to increase the size.
However, it can lead to scarring and pains when trying to urinate.
With the quest, several manufacturers have come up with minerals, vitamins, hormonal injections, herbs, etc with claims that they make the penis bigger. We can not say for sure that these medications work because they aren’t proven to work. But still, people take them and they may have side effects.
Penis pumps draw blood into the penis, making it swell and lengthen. They are known by several people to work, but they only work temporarily. They do not have a lasting effect. Note that if you use it very often and too long, with time, it can damage the penis elastic tissue, making you have weaker erections.
4.Penile Traction Device
This involves stretching or giving the penis a gentle tension with a stretcher or extender device. The device tugs the penis out a bit more, giving it an extra length.
Studies have reported an extra length of 1 to 3 centimetres added to the penis when these devices are used. However, they can be risky as they lacked the penis tissue elasticity as the penis is extended.
5.Penile Lengthening Surgery
This involves any surgical procedure done to increase the length of the penis. These surgeries are highly risky and are considered experimental.
Who is Eligible for a Penile Lengthening Surgery?
Some people want to try out the surgical procedure, but not every male is fit for the procedure. You have to meet the following criteria:
- Be mentally and psychologically capable of going through such overwhelming surgery.
- Be medically fit. Have no disease that can cause complications and affect your healing like diabetes, leukaemia, etc.
- Must have quit smoking, alcohol, and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for over 1 to 2 months to aid quicker healing progress.
- Must be of age 21 and above.
- You must have discussed and gotten approval from your partner and/or family because of the risk involved.
Penile lengthening surgery is mostly experimental and has a high level of risk. So, before thinking of venturing into it, you have to consult with a well-established surgeon to know what is best for you and the risk and chances you get in the procedure.
The procedures that can be involved in penile lengthening surgery include:
- Penis augmentation fat transfer which involves taking fat from a part of your body and injecting the refined fat into your penis thereby increasing the size.
This is a safer procedure but can be disappointing as the fat can be reabsorbed back into the body causing your penis to look irregular with a curve or asymmetry.
- Penis augmentation with dermal fillers, which involves using hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers to make the penis bigger by increasing the length and girth.
This may have an adverse effect over time. The penis can shrink back to its former length and it can cause erectile dysfunction.
- Suspensory ligament release, where the ligament that attaches the penis to the pubic area and creates support during erection is cut to change the angle of the penis by creating an extension as more of the penis hangs down lower.
However, this procedure can weaken the erectile function of the penis. It slackens the erectile tissues and since there is no support for erection, the penis may be unable to achieve penetration.
- Penuma, which is a penile implant that has been approved since 2004 mostly in the USA and increases the penile length and girth.
Penuma is a constructed medical-grade silicone with no liquid or gel and comes in different sizes and lengths. They are placed in the penis but do not interfere with the penile and erectile functions. They have a natural appearance and the result can last a lifetime.
Penuma is the safest means of penile lengthening, although scarring and infection can occur.
After considering the type of procedure you are willing to undergo, your surgeon will go through your medical history to check if you are fit for the process. If considered fit, a date will be scheduled for your surgery.
You will be placed on either local or general anaesthesia.
- Your surgery will be carried out according to the type of procedure you earlier decided on.
- For penile augmentation using fat transfer, fat will be gotten from a donor site on your body, mainly from your abdomen and processed, separating the useful fat cells from the waste products. The processed fat will then be injected into your penis.
- For augmentation by dermal fillers, the acid-based dermal fillers will be injected into the penis till the desired size is achieved.
- For suspensory ligament release, an incision between the pubic area and penis will be made. The surgeon will cut off the ligament, making the penis drop forward away and then fastened by stitches to its new base. Then the incision will be stitched back onto the pubic area.
- For penile implants, an incision is made at the base of the penis and the implant is placed on the shaft of the penis just beneath the skin and above the corpus cavernosal. Fitting right, the incision is stitched. The sutures are cleaned out and bandaged.
You will be moved to the ICU to recover and pain relievers will be administered to you to help take care of the pains.
You may be able to return home the same day for some procedures, or your surgeon might require you to stay for a couple of days to monitor your healing progress.
How Long Does The Surgical Procedure Last?
The surgery may seem risky but takes little time. As far as there is no complication in surgery, especially suspension ligament release and pneuma implant where an overnight be mistakenly tampered with causing severe bleeding, surgery can take 1 to 2 hours.
The rate of recovery in penile lengthening surgery is based on the type of procedure undertaken. A person who had augmentation recovers faster than one who had an implant or a release of the suspensory ligament. In general, recovery takes a period of 2 to 3 months.
You are advised to adhere to the following guidelines to aid a faster recovery.
- Avoid any sexual activity until there are no pains from the surgery.
- Avoid any strenuous activity that will exert too much pressure on your genitals.
- Take pain relievers when you feel pains.
- Keep your incisions clean, dry, and newly bandaged every day till the wound is healed. This is to avoid infection.
- Take antibiotics as prescribed by your surgeon in the case of an infected wound.
- Visit your doctor for a routine check-up as assigned by your surgeon till he says otherwise.
There are several risks associated with penile lengthening surgery. Some of these include:
- Loss of erectile function
- Asymmetry in penis appearance.
- Excessive bleeding
- Nerve ending damage
- Immense pains
- Heart and chest pains.
When you notice any of these complications, visit your surgeon for solutions.
Where to get Penile Lengthening Surgery.
Penile surgeries are common in the U.S but often the cost is overwhelming and not affordable for everyone. Other countries to look out for are Germany, Turkey, India, Mexico, Spain, Italy, Brazil. These countries are considered the hotspot for many cosmetic surgeries and penile enlargements happens to be one of them.
How much does Penile Lengthening Surgery Cost?
The cost of this surgery varies by the country, the surgeon, the hospital, the type of surgical procedure, additional treatments and tests, etc. Price estimates in the U.S are from $10,000 to $30,000.
To find out more about great surgeons in this field in different countries and know the cost value, consult with us: [email protected]