Air Ambulance, is a flight or helicopter service used to quickly transfer ill, injured, or medical emergency demanding patients from one place to another safely. They are packed with essential medical tools, kits, equipment, and machines. The air ambulance is also stocked with licensed medical experts along with critical care nurses and paramedical staff. IV fluids and oxygen for small kids and old people are provided by Anavara Air Ambulance, a company like Anavara specialize in transporting patients and its dedicated staff is available for you 24/7 to help coordinate travel plans.
Air Ambulance also helps people who are seeking medical help in a different country which is a pole apart from the native country, so an ambulance is specifically used to transport a person to a different country. Air Ambulance companies usually prefer the medical team who have a minimum of 3-5 years of ICU or CCU experience.
Some air ambulance companies also arrange medical insurance professionals on staff who can help patients and companions with paperwork and supports during the entire journey. If every minute is precious for you then road or land ambulance can be very time-consuming when the patient’s condition is extremely critical, then air ambulance is the only option for you.
It is used for numerous medical emergency and non-emergency requirements, like:
- For Organ transplant
- Life-threatening accidents
- Heart attack
- Burn consisting of 50% or more of total body surface area
- Excessive bleeding in any particular area or in multiple areas
- Extremely low oxygen level than normal
- Dangerous head injury
- High blood pressure, gestational diabetes, preterm labor possibility or miscarriage fear in pregnant ladies
- When the brain’s blood supply and oxygen decreases
- It helps patients living in rural or remote areas where either hospital is far or not available at all.
- Also helps hill station people
- The absence of facilities or doctors for some conditions in some hospitals demands the need for an air ambulance.
- It has the capability of covering more distance in less time because air ambulance doesn’t have to deal with traffic.
Types of Air Ambulance
There are primarily two types of air ambulance:
- Turbo Prop rescue planes – This is also known as a rotary Wing air ambulance, a helicopter comes in this category. This type is very beneficial if a patient wants to cover a short distance and searching for a relatively low-priced air ambulance. The noteworthy thing about rotary or turboprop planes is it can land in narrow spaces such as short roads, small landmasses, villages, etc. Also, it can land near the hospital which saves the time of patient and companion. The main aim is to transfer patients who require an emergency unit.
- Jet Aircraft – Also known as a fixed-wing air ambulance, the biggest perk is it is very comfortable and generous in size so that patients can be easily and safely transported. It is safer and stable than a helicopter when it comes to weather is below average. It is less noisy and disruptive so that patients with ear problems (old ones) can relax. As it is very spacious, more number of medical experts can be taken to give appropriate treatment.
Depending upon the patient’s condition Anavara will help the patient to select the right type of air ambulance. Anavara also transfers patients between hospitals or from hospital to home.
What’s the cost of Air Ambulance in India?
There are several factors which determine the cost of Air Ambulance in India such as, total medical staff, the distance, severity of the condition, use of equipment, tools, and anesthesia, type of the stretcher, typically electrically operated stretcher service is costly, the requirement is for domestic use or international, whether your insurance agrees to cover the cost or not, use of intensive care and geographical location.
Booking Process of Air Ambulance
The procedure of booking an air ambulance is quite daunting but we are here to give you an idea to make it simple for you. We know that in maximum cases this is a puzzle to the family while thinking about the booking, so without further ado, let’s discover what’s in there.
First of all, Anavara gathers the record of patients, along with past hospital checkup files and reports. Then it will guide you either through [email protected] or +971 50 4602676. At this time it will guide about language issues (for international patients). Anavara’s team will take information about transport needs and suggest the type of ambulance.
Also, if you find any difficulty in the payment arrangement you can contact me anytime. It will show you different insurance plan options. It will arrange board-certified and top-notch medical staff for you simultaneously Anavara also works on ground arrangement after landing. If the patient is very critical then it will keep the companion informed every step of the way. It will collect original visas and passports of patients and companions if traveling abroad. For domestic service, it will collect original IDs and flight permits.
Apart from what’s mentioned above, there are always separate things that come during the transport such as hotel and communication assistance, feel free to ask about all these. Take a look at below mentioned additional steps:
- When you first contact to transport a patient one of our experienced staff members will be assigned to you. He/she will collect basic details of a patient.
- Then we will handover your case to the medical department to take a whole medical report and will inform you that safe transfer is possible and a list of doctors, nurses, and paramedical staff will be given to you to let you know that doctors are skilled.
- After getting the entire medical information on the patient at this point we will tell you the total cost of transport and services. Receiving facility setup will be created and after that, we will put the patient on board.
- We are all set, when the patient and companion are done with the paperwork, payment, and visas, passport, and ID.
- Now we send our aircraft to the airport and after that focus on ground arrangement then we take the patient to the destination along with medical crew.
- Patient is admitted and attending physician or surgeon is given the details of entire medical report.
- Sometimes patient is alone and nobody is there with him/her at this time directly send the medical report to physician of destination and closed ones.