After completing his undergraduate degree in Molecular Biology at the State University of New York he was awarded his medical degree from the St. George’s University School of Medicine. He continued his post-graduate training in Gastroenterology in the UK and was awarded his speciality completion certificate in Gastroenterology in Greece. Subsequently, he earned his fellowship in Interventional Endoscopy and accreditation from the Joint Advisory Group in GI Endoscopy (JAG) in the UK. Prior to joining SGH, he worked as a Consultant Gastroenterologist in Evgenidio Hospital at the 3rd Endoscopy Unit of the Capodistrian University Medical School, in Athens, Greece. He has worked as a Consultant Gastroenterologist in the UK and Greece before moving to the UAE in 2015. He has been working at the Saudi German Hospital ever since.
• JAG(UK) Certified Interventional Endoscopist
• Subspecialty training in Luminal Gastroenterology
• Special interest in colon cancer screening colonoscopy
• Facilitator of SGHD esophageal manometry unit
Area of Interest
• Hepatology – Diagnosis, and Management of Liver Diseases
• Viral Hepatitis, Autoimmune Hepatitis.
• Ultrasound guided liver biopsy
• Gastroenterology – Diagnosis, and Management of GI diseases
• Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s Disease, Chronic Diarrhea
• Nausea and vomiting, Dyspepsia, Irritable Bowel Syndrome
• Heartburn / Reflux, Esophagitis, Barrett’s Esophagus
• Colon Cancer Prevention Program
• Interventional Endoscopy
• Diagnostic gastroscopy and colonoscopy
• Management of acute and chronic GI bleeding.
• Endoscopic removal of polyps, Laser ablation of Barrett’s Esophagus.
• Stenting and dilatation of upper and lower GIT.
• L.M.S.S.A Society of Apothecaries, London
• Membership of the Royal College of Physicians, London
• Specialist Registration in the General Medical Council, UK
• Certification in Interventional Endoscopy JAG, UK
• Specialization Certificate in Gastroenterology, Greece
More than 26 Years
Language Spoken :
Greek, Armenian, English