• Total years of experience till date: 40years in Cardio-thoracic Surgery
• Senior Registrar CTVS Jul 1976- Dec1978, CMC Hospital, Vellore
• Lecturer, CTVS Jan1979-Jul 1979 CMC Hospital, Vellore
• ADMO Cardiac Surgery Jul 1979- Jan1983 S. Rly Hospital, Perambur, Chennai
• Senior Registrar, Jan1983-Jun1985 Royal Prince Alfred & St. Vincents Hospital, Sydney & Royal Children Hospital, Melbourne
• Specialist Surgeon (CVS) (SA Grade) Jul 1985-April1989, Indian Railways Southern Railway HQ Hospital Perambur, Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
• Chief Cardiac Surgeon May 1989 - Dec 1995
• Director of Cardiac Surgery, Batra Hospital & Medical Research Centre, New Delhi – 110 062
• Senior Consultant, CTVS Jan1996- Jun2003 Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi – 110 076
• Chairman & Managing Director& Apr 2003-Jun 2009
• Chief Cardiac Surgeon, Delhi Heart & Lung Institute, New Delhi – 110 055
• Senior Consultant, CTVS Jul 2009 – Aug2013, Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi – 110 076
• Chairman, Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery Sep 2013- to date Saket City Hospital, New Delhi -110 017
• Member, Governing Council, Indian Council of Medical Research
• President Health Education And Research Trust Member , Rotary Club Delhi Central
• Chairman, DTEA Alumini Trust
Former Positions Held:
• Visiting Consultant, CTVS 2005-2009 Golden Heart Institute, Jaipur Golden Hospital, Rohini, New Delhi -110 085
• Visiting Consultant, CTVS 2008-2009, Mool Chand Hospital, Lajpat Nagar III, New Delhi – 110024
• Visiting Consultant & Trustee 2001-2003, Saroj Hospital, Rohini, New Delhi – 110 085
• Visiting Professor, 2003, Gandhi Medical College Bhopal
• Member (Nominated) 1998-2004, Executive Committee, Delhi Medical Council, Room No.368, Maulana Azad Medical College,, New Delhi - 110 002
Education & Training:
• MBBS Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi 1969
• MS (Gen.surgery) Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi 1975
• M.Ch.,(C.T.S.) Christian Medical College, Vellore (T.N.) 1979
• MNAMS (CTVS) National Academy of Medical Sciences 1980
POST DOCTORAL SKILL ENHANCEMENTS
• Advanced training in Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery under the world-renowned heart surgeon Prof. Douglas Baird at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia (1983).
• Advanced Training in Paediatric Cardiac Surgery under Prof. Tim Cartmill at Royal Alexandra Hospital for Sick Children, Sydney, Australia (1984).
• Heart Transplant training under the able guidance of Dr.Victor Chang & Dr Mark Shanhan at St. Vincent’s Hospital in Sydney (1984).
• Advanced training in Pediatric Cardiac Surgery under another world-renowned figure Dr.Roger Mee at the Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne, in 1985
• The prestigious ‘PADMA SHRI’ by the President of India in 2013.
• National Citizen’s Award conferred by Shri R K Narayanan Vice President of India in 1992.
• The National Excellence Award 1996 awarded by former Prime Minister Chandra Shekhar.
• Centenary Award DMA 2014
• Excellence Award MAMC 2015