Mrs. Joyce is eminent Lactation Consultant with over 20 years of experience in counselling and training mother’s breastfeeding. She has been trained in Human Lactation management by “BPNI” (Breastfeeding Promotion Network of India) launched from WHO, UNICEF, and WABA (World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action). Besides, being an expert in lactation she is also experienced over 35 years as a Family Counselor. She has had a wide practice over India and abroad in Psychology Counseling and Human Fertility Regulation.
Mrs. Joyce has with her an experience of over 20 years
• Mrs. Joyce Jayaseelan graduated from Osmania University, Hyderabad.
• PG in Psychology Counseling from Christian Counseling Center Vellore.
• PG in Hospital Administration from Institute of Health Management Studies, St John's National Academy of Health Sciences.
• PG in Diabetes Educator Project in the International Diabetes Federation.
Honors & Awards
• National Award in 2007 from BPNI (Breastfeeding Promotion Network of India.)
• National Award in 2012 from BPNI.
• Meritorious Award 2013 from St John's National Academy of Health Sciences.
• Received appreciation from WABA 2016(world Alliance for Breastfeeding Action.
Area Of Expertise
• Written articles to Local, National and International Publication
• Author of St John's Medical Journal book - Breastfeeding for Women Empowerment 2012.
• Written patient hand book "A Mother's Guide to Optimal Infant and Young Child Feeding in Fortis Hospital Bannerghatta Road 2015.
• Teaching and Training (resource person) Rural /urban slums, PHC, Nursing and Medical Colleges.
• Coordinate with Ministry of Women and Child Development Government of India department of Food and Nutrition in promoting IYCF programs.
• Trained by BPNI 27years ago. Also she is a Member of BPNI Delhi.