Education: MBBS, DCH, DNB (Paediatric Medicine)
Area(s) of Specialization: Paediatric Medicine & Adolescent Medicine
Experience: 23 Years of Experience
Consultation days: Monday to Saturday
Fellowships / Memberships:
• Life Member IAP
• Life Member IMA
• Life Member AHA Adolescent Health Academy
• A Multi-Dimensional Assessment system for Identifying causes of underachievement in Preclinical Medical students- Suresh Kumar. M, Latha Ravichandran, Dilara. K IJSR: Vol 2:4: Apr 2013, Pages 89-91.
• Assessment of safety and Immunogenicity of 2 different lots of diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, Hepatitis B and H.Iufluenzae type 6 vaccine Manufactured using small and large scale Manufacturing process. Vaccine 30(2012) 510-516
• An unusual cause of macrocephaly- A case report Sri Ramachandra Journal of Medicine Vol-3 Issue 2 July-dec 2010 Page 29-30
• Mediastinal Foregut Duplication cyst. SRU journal Vol-4 Issue 2 July- Dec 2011 page 22-24
• Scrub Typhus with Splenic Infarct- An Unusual Presentation - Paediatric on call e-journal dec 2013 Vol 10 Issue 12
• Shigella Dysentery with Intussusception- Paediatric on call e-journal dec 2013 Vol. 10 Issue 12
• Knowledge and Practice of Menstrual Hygiene among Adolescent Girls Manju Varghese* Aswini Karunai Anandhan**, Latha Ravichandran*** Ind. J. Youth Adol. Health 2015; 2(3) ISSN: 2349–2880. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/303288379_Knowledge_and_Practice_of_Menstrual_Hygiene_among_Adolescent_Girls.
• Religious restrictions and cultural taboos related to menstruation in adolescent girls: A school-based cross-sectional observational study , Manju Mary Varghese, Saji James, Latha Ravichandran, ElayarajaSivaprakasam, AnithaPalaniyandi, Samantha Balaji Indian J Child Health VOL 2 ,NO (4 ), OCT –DEC 2015,Pages 161-164, P ISSN NO 2349-6118, e ISSN NO 2349-6126. http://atharvapub.net/index.php/IJCH/article/view/307
• Student perception on study guides in an integrated preclinical curriculum. Dilara.Ka*, Latha Ravichandranb, Abirami.Va, Vijayaraghavan.P.V.V. Sri Ramachandra Journal of Medicine, July-Dec 2014, Vol.7, Issue 2 pages 9-12. http://www.sriramachandra.edu.in/university/pdf/research/journals/nov_2015/student-perception.pdf
• Association of bone age with overweight and obesity in children in the age group of 8 to 11 years Godfrey D. A., Umapathy P*, Latha Ravichandran, Elayaraja S, ShilpaSenthilMurugan, Srinivasan V http://www.ejmanager.com/mnstemps/119/119-1460803571.pdf?t=1477454145
• Evaluation of Thyroid Function Among Adolescents with Goitre Dr. Dinesh Kumar * Dr. Umapathy .P *Corresponding Author Dr. Latha Ravichandran Dr. Srinivasan V INDIAN JOURNAL OF APPLIED RESEARCH Volume : 6 | Issue : 6 | June 2016 | ISSN - 2249-555X | IF : 3.919 | IC Value : 74.50, pages 36 – 40. http://worldwidejournals.in/ojs/index.php/ijar/index
• Perception of health related quality of life in healthy Indian adolescents, Dinesh Kamaraj, Elayaraja Sivaprakasam*, Latha Ravichandran, UmapathyPasupath, International Journal of Contemporary Pediatrics | July-September 2016 | Vol 3 | Issue 3 Page 692-699. http://www.ejmanager.com/mnstemps/119/119-1467567241.pdf?t=1477454807
• Evaluation of testicular volume in children aged 8-17 years in south India Gissy Elizabeth Boben, P Umapathy, Latha Ravichandran, D A Godfrey, GokulRamani, V Srinivasan nal Journal of Contemporary Pediatrics | July-September 2016 | Vol 3 | Issue 3 Page 1-8 http://atharvapub.net/index.php/IJCH/article/viewFile/432/322.
• Subtelomeric rearrangements in Indian children with idiopathic intellectual disability developmental delay. Frequency estimation & clinical correlation using fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) Shruthi Mohan1 , Teena Koshy1 , Perumal Vekatachalam1 , Sheela Nampoothiri2 , Dhanya Yesodharan2 , Kalpana Gowrishankar3 , Jeevan Kumar3 , Latha Ravichandran4 , Santhosh Joseph5 , Anupama Chandrasekaran5 & Solomon F. D. Paul1. http://www.ijmr.org.in/currentissue.asp?sabs=n.
• Clinical features and significance of cytokine IL-4 in children with dengue at a tertiary care Rakesh Manoharan, Umapathy Pasupathy, Elayaraja Sivaprakasam, Latha Ravichandran, Srinivasan, Venkataraman, Dhana Rathna MoorthyVetrichelvan Journal of evidence based medicine and health care Vol 3 Issue 99 Accepted for publication Dec 12, 2016
• Implementing “change”- the milestones of educational reforms from sri ramachandra medical college and research institute Dr. Latha Ravichandran*, Dr.P.V.Vijayaraghavana , Dr.K.V.Somasundarama Department of Medical Education. http://www.sriramachandra.edu.in/university/pdf/research/journals/Implem.pdf
• Student perception on study guides in an integrated preclinical curriculum, Dilara.Ka*, Latha Ravichandranb, Abirami.Va, Vijayaraghavan.P.Vc, Sri Ramachandra Journal of Medicine, July-Dec 2014, Vol.7, Issue 2 pages 9-12. http://www.sriramachandra.edu.in/university/pdf/research/journals/nov_2015/student-perception.pdf
• MD PG Teacher
• MBBS UG Teacher
• Professor of Pediatrics
• Co–convenor for MCI basis workshop on MET.
Awards and Honours:
• FAIMER Fellowship