Medical Visa to India from Nigeria
Indian High Commission - Abuja:http://www.hciabuja.gov.in/index.php
Visa requirements specific link -http://www.hciabuja.gov.in/visa_medical.php
Visa application link - https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/Registration
Abuja : 364, Cadastral Zone, Central Business District (CBD), FCT Abuja
Tel: +234-7080622800-4, Fax: +234-7080622805
Lagos : 8A, Walter Carrington, Crescent, VI, Lagos.
Tel: 01-2627680, Fax: 01-2612660
Visa Fee : US$ 252.00 including surcharge of US$ 2.00 - The visa fees shall be paid only in sterling bank Plc extension counter inside Indian HCI in Abuja and Lagos.
The embassy advises not to finalise travel arrangements to India before obtaining visa.
Visa fees are non-refundable and subject to change. The High Commission reserves the right of deciding the duration of visa irrespective of the fees tendered at the time of making application.
Timings for submission of Visa applications: 1000 Hrs to 1200 Hrs on all working days.
Medical Requirements: Valid Oral polio vaccination / IPV, and yellow fever vaccination is required for all Nigerians seeking medical visa to India.
Email to send the medical Invite letter:
1. Original passport valid for a minimum of 6 months (or for the validity requested, if greater)
2. A photocopy of the data page of the passport
3. Two photographs of the size of 50mm X 50mm i.e. 2 inch x 2 inch with light background Photos should be glued on your forms in the box provided on pages 1 and 2 of the online form.
4. Visa application form duly filled in online. Your form should be signed in the box under the photograph on page 1 and at the end of page 2 Your signatures should match with the signature printed on your passport.
5. Applicant must provide their own contact details including E-Mail ID.
6. Typed Referral letter in original on letterhead with contact details, duly stamped and signed from a well reputed hospital/medical institute after examination of the patient’s condition specifying the nature of the patient’s illness and the reason for referring the patient for medical treatment to the established/specialized/recognised medical Institute/hospital concerned in India.
7. Typed Invitation letter on letterhead, duly stamped and signed with contact details, from the hospital/medical Institute in India specifying the nature of the medical treatment to be undertaken along with the start and end date of this treatment.Indian hospital to email invite to HCI email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com (For Lagos: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com). Detail of attendant/ attendants is to be indicated with mobile number of contact person at the hospital. Applicant is to attach a printout of the invitation and the email page with the visa application form.
8. A certified bank statement of last three months/guarantee letter issued by the bank in the name of the applicant, testifying his/her ability to meet expenses to cover medical and living expenses in India for the duration of the medical treatment. In case of sponsorship, an affidavit from the sponsor along with a copy of his/her Identity Card/Passport copy is to be attached.
9. In case of follow up treatment, previous medical papers and discharge summary from Indian hospital is to be attached to the application (original to be verified by Consular Officer).
10. Patients need to attach copies their treatments in Nigeria including copies of CT Scan/MRI/X-ray reports (as applicable) (original to be verified by Consular Officer)
10. Transplant patients to produce compatibility report of donor and patient.
11. Indian hospital to undertake responsibility of the patient and attendant including immigration till his departure from India. This undertaking is to be included in the invitation letter.
NOTE: Additional documents may also be required of you at the time of interview at the discretion of the Consular Officer.
Jurisdiction of Lagos high commission: (rest of the states have to apply from Abuja)
South West: Lagos Lagos, Ogun Abeokuta, Ondo Akure, Osun Oshogbo, Oyo Ibadan
South East: Abia Umuahia, Anambra Awka, Ebonyi Abakaliki, Enugu Enugu, Imo Owerri,
South South: Akwa Ibom Uyo, Bayelsa Yenagoa, Cross River Calabar, Delta Asaba, Edo Benin City, Rivers Port Harcourt
Normal time taken to issue visa:
It takes anywhere between 1 to 4 weeks by the Indian High Commission to issue a medical visa to undertake travel to India for treatment.
How Anavara can help you:
Anavara has offices in Lagos and Abuja, and staff in Port Harcourt, Kano and Enugu. We can help you in obtaining Free estimate from any hospital in India. We have our office and staff in 5 cities in India- Chennai, Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkatta and Mumbai. We also help you in checking the documentation to ensure they are in compliance with the embassy requirements before submission.