Medical visa to Spain from Nigeria
8 Bobo Close, Maitama District., PMB 5120 Wuse Post Office, Abuja (Nigeria)
Telephone: + 234 (0) 9 460.34.90
Fax: + 234 (0) 9 460.34.99
21C Kofo Abayomi St, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Telephones: +234 1 280 54 88, +234 1 277 03 00, +234 1 277 16 08
Fax: +234 1 277 16 06
The Consulate General in Lagos is the only competent authority to issue Spanish visas for residents in Nigeria and Benin.
Spanish Visa processing agency website
Link for medical visas: https://nigeria.blsspainvisa.com/short_term_visa_medical.php
Visa Fee : Naira 24,800 for children between 6- 12 NGN 14,500 for children below 6 years it is free.
The Embassy advises not to finalise travel arrangements to Spain before obtaining visa.
Visa fees are non-refundable and subject to change. Please check with the website for the latest information- the fee depends on the exchange rate and is correct at the time of publishing 7th April 2019. The Embassy reserves the right of issuing the visa.
MEDICAL VISA This kind of visa allows you to stay and travel within the Schengen Territory a maximum of 90 days per year. You may enter the Schengen territory as a visitor, but you are not allowed to work. Applicants are advised to submit their complete files at least 3 working weeks before the intended date of departure, even though you can submit your visa application up to 3 months prior to your date of travel.
1. Passport. With a validity of at least 3 months after the intended date of departure from the territory of the Schengen Territory or, in the case of several visits, after the last intended date of departure from the Schengen Territory. It shall contain at least two blank pages and it shall have been issued within the previous 10 years
2. Two Color Photographs. The photographs must have been taken within the last six months and must measure 3,5 cm x 4,5 cm with the head centered in the frame. The head must measure around 3 cm from the top of the hair to the chin. Photographs must be in color and have a white background. Photographs with a different background will not be accepted. Photographs depicting a person wearing a traditional facemask or veil that does not permit adequate identification are not acceptable. Sample photograph:
3. A photocopy of passport data page and all pages of the passport with visas.
4. Two Schengen Visa Application Forms, one in Spanish and one in English. Both forms must be legible and must be signed by the applicant. Forms of applicants under 18 years old must be signed by both parents. IT IS COMPULSORY THAT ALL FORMS CONTAIN A TELEPHONE NUMBER AND A LEGIBLE EMAIL ADDRESS WITH CAPITAL LETTERS.
5. Travel Medical Insurance. Applicants shall prove that they are in possession of adequate and valid travel medical insurance to cover any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment or death, during their stay(s) on the territory of the Member States covering all Schengen countries for an amount of at least €30,000. Only officially recognized insurance companies are accepted.
6. Flight Booking. We do not ask for purchased tickets, it is enough with a booking. Applicants must include the flights between Spain and other countries. If applicants intend to travel to different Spanish and Schengen cities they also have to include train booking, bus booking, etc.
7. Accommodation. A hotel booking covering all the period of your stay. Email bookings are not accepted.
8. An Introductory Letter indicating the purpose of the journey and providing details about it.
9. Original Registry Marriage and Birth Certificate if you travel with your family. If children travel only with one progenitor it is compulsory an Affidavit (legalized by Nigeria Foreign Ministry) from the other progenitor allowing them to travel together with a passport ID page copy of both parents.
10. An original and very recent medical certificate stating that the requested care is not available or difficult to get in Nigeria.
11. An original letter issued by the Spanish medicine doctor, hospital or clinic stating the cost and the approximate duration of the treatment, as well a substantial payment of the total cost.
12. Proof of Income. Applicants shall present documents indicating that they possess sufficient means of subsistence both for the duration of the intended stay and for the return to his country of origin or residence. If employee: Letter of Appointment, Leave Letter, Salary Slips of the last 6 month, Bank Statement of the last 6 months where your salary comes in, Bank Statements of other accounts. If retired: Proof of Retirement, Bank Statement of the last 6 months where your pension comes in, Bank Statements of other accounts. If you are a businessman/businesswoman: All original documents relating to the Company (Certificate of Incorporation or Registration, Memorandum of Articles of Association, Tax Clearance Certificate, etc.), Bank Statements of the last 6 months (personal and business).
13. Non-Nigerian applicants must demonstrate that they are residing legally in Nigeria. Applicants residing in Benin Republic that do not hold the Beninese nationality must demonstrate that they are living legally in Benin Republic.
14. Payment of visa fee. Applicants shall pay a visa fee that shall be revised regularly in order to reflect the administrative costs.
The visa fee shall be waived for applicants belonging to one of the following categories:
Children under six years, School pupils, students, postgraduate students and accompanying teachers who undertake stays for the purpose of study or educational training, Representatives of non-profit organizations aged 25 years or less participating in seminars, conferences, sports, cultural or educational events organized by nonprofit organizations.
The applicant shall be given a receipt for the visa fee paid. During the examination of an application the Spanish Consulate may call the applicant for an interview and request additional documents. Applications shall be decided on within 15 calendar days of the date of the lodging, even though that period may be extended up to a maximum of 30 calendar days. Exceptionally, when additional documentation is needed in specific cases, the period may be extended up to a maximum of 60 calendar days. Any fake document will lead to your application being rejected. An incomplete file may lead to a visa denial, even though a complete file does not guarantee the issuance of a visa.
Applicants must be aware that mere possession of a visa does not confer an automatic right of entry and that the holders of visa are requested to present proof that they fulfill the entry conditions at the external border. When entering the Schengen Territory the Immigration Authorities may want to see any of the above-mentioned documents and/or proof of sufficient funds. If you cannot provide them you risk being sent back home with the next flight, since you do not meet the conditions to enter the Schengen territory any more.
Normal time taken to issue visa:
Normally it takes around 15 days to issue the visa. In exceptional cases it can go upto 60 days.
How Anavara can help you:
Anavara has offices in Lagos and Abuja, and staff in Port Harcourt, Kano and Enugu. We can help you in obtaining Free estimate from any hospital in Spain. We have our partner in Spain - Barcelona, Valencia and Madrid. We also help you in checking the documentation to ensure they are in compliance with the embassy requirements before submission.