· Persists, despite pain medication
· Worsens with walking, even with a cane or walker
· Interferes with your sleep
· Affects your ability to go up or down stairs
· Makes it difficult to rise from a seated position
· Disease that causes the bone in joints to die.
· Injuries or fractures.
· Bone tumors that break down the hip joint.
More about Treatment
Hip replacement surgery may be an option for you if your hip pain interferes with daily activities and more-conservative treatments haven't helped or are no longer effective. Arthritis damage is the most common reason to need hip replacement.