What is skin aging?Skin aging is a complex biological process that is influenced by the combination of intrinsic or endogenous factors such as genetics, cellular metabolism, hormone, and metabolic processes and extrinsic or exogenous factors such as environment, lifestyle habitus, chronic sunlight exposure, chemicals, toxins, and ionizing radiation . All these factors lead to structural and physiological alterations and progressive changes in the skin layers, resulting in changes in the appearance of the skin. Over time, the skin loses its elasticity, leading to a phenomenon called sagging, deep wrinkles, dullness, and roughness. Picture Courtesy: dreamderma
What is the anti aging treatment?As we grow old, our skin ages too. We can’t stop ourselves from growing old, but there are ways where we can reduce its impact on the skin. Anti aging treatment helps a person restore a youthful look and restore a person’s confidence. The treatment of aging involves various types of treatment in which the dermatologist will help in choosing the right option at the time of consultation. Stem cells are the building blocks that allow for all healing, regeneration, and repair of the body. Adult stem cells can flow freely through the bloodstream and reach all organs, where they become any type of cell required to maintain their health. A higher rate of stem cell circulation goes beyond improving external signs of aging. Anti aging treatment through stem cells permeates deeply and throughout the body.
What anti aging treatment works?The skin anti-aging strategy attempts to reverse the dermis and epidermis signs of chronological aging. There are several approaches through which anti-aging treatment can be done. A few of them are listed below:
- Cosmetological care:
- Daily skincare
- Prevent direct skin exposure to the sun.
- Aesthetic non-invasive skincare.
- Topical medicine agents or topical agents and systemic agents
- Cell regulators.
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Surgical procedures
- Facelift surgery
- Eyelid surgery
- Forehead surgery 
- Invasive procedures
1. Chemical peeling– During this treatment, the doctor uses acid to peel away the outermost layer of the skin. It is effective in treating age spots and wrinkles and brighten skin tone.Picture Courtesy: Healthgrades
2. Visible light devices
3. Restoration of fat and volume loss, skin augmentation, and contouring
4. Fractional laser skin resurfacing– During this treatment, the doctor uses a special laser to treat narrow columns of the skin. The laser damages the deep layers of the skin, stimulating new skin cell growth. It helps to treat wrinkles and fine lines. The patient might have to wait for a few weeks to get the required results.Picture Courtesy: Healthgrades
5. Nonablative skin rejuvenation– This technique uses lasers and other types of energy to treat wrinkles, age spots, and loss of skin tone. The patient might have to take several sittings to get the best results.Picture Courtesy: Healthgrades
6. Microdermabrasion– During this treatment, it removes the top layer of the skin. Microdermabrasion applies a special machine to spray tiny particles on the skin. It can be used to treat all skin types, but the patient has to take several sittings to get the desired results.Picture Courtesy: Healthgrades
7. Botulinum toxin therapy– It is most commonly called Botox therapy. During this therapy, the doctor injects botulinum toxins below the skin to reduce the frown lines between the eyebrows and crow’s feet at the corner of the eyes. The result typically lasts about 3-4 months.Picture Courtesy: Healthgrades
8. Dermabrasion– Dermabrasions use a special rotating brush to remove the outer layer of the skin. It is used to treat wrinkles, age spots, and sun damage. The patient has to wait for a few weeks to months to see the desired results.Picture Courtesy: Healthgrades
9. Dermal fillers– Dermal fillers are substances that are injected below the skin to treat wrinkles and fine lines. A few dermal fillers are- collagen, hyaluronic acid gel, and fat. Dermal fillers last from 2 months to 3 years, depending on the fillers used .Picture Courtesy: Healthgrades
- How can I stop anti-aging naturally?
Ways to reduce the premature aging of the skin are listed below:
- Protect the skin from sun exposure daily
- Quit smoking
- Avoid repetitive facial expression
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle and eat a well-balanced diet
- Cleanse your face gently
- Consume less alcohol
- Avoid or stop using skincare products that burn or sting.
- Exercise daily to maintain a healthy body and skin tone.
- Does anti-aging work?
Aging is something we cannot stop completely. Anti-aging treatment can only help reduce or prolong the aging of the skin. There are several ways to treat the aging of the skin. Based on the skin type and problem, the dermatologist will suggest the best option to the person.
- What anti-aging treatments do celebrities use?
The most common anti-aging treatments celebrities use are- Botox therapy, chemical peels to brighten their skin tone, microdermabrasion, low- intensity laser therapy.
- When to start anti-aging treatment?
Due to our poor diet plans and unhealthy lifestyle, we have started aging early. It is advisable to start anti-aging treatment in our late 30s.
- Best anti-aging treatment without surgery?
The best anti-aging treatment without surgery are listed below:
- Laser resurfacing
- Botox injections
- Chemical peel
- Microdermabrasion or dermabrasion
- Dermal fillers 
- What are the side effects of anti-aging treatment?
The side effects of anti-aging treatment are listed below:
- Skin irritation, redness, swelling
- Sensitivity to light
- Allergic reactions
- Failure of anti-aging therapy
- Muscle weakness