Your Safety is our top priority Find updates and information about how the Coronavirus (COVID-19) affects medical travel. X
Contact With Us

Gastric Bypass – Roux-En-Y

Gastric Bypass – Roux-En-Y

The laparoscopic RY gastric bypass is a minimal invasive surgery. This is performed by introducing a laparoscope, which is connected to a video camera, through small abdominal incisions. The surgery is performed “inside” the abdomen after gas has been inserted to expand it. Special stapling instruments are used to separate about 5% of the stomach […]

Symptoms

The majority of people who consider weight loss (bariatric) surgery do so after years of unsuccessful dieting attempts, including participation in diet programs, taking weight loss medications and exercising.
Generally a BMI of over 35 is a right candidate for this surgery.

Causes

A number of factors are responsible for a person to become morbid and obese. A few of them are listed here but are not exhaustive:
- Food and activity - one of the most common causes - when food intake is more than the required physical activity to burn it off.
- Environment - not having access to physical activity, sedentary work activities.
- Stress and Emotional factors.
- Genetics

More about Treatment

The laparoscopic RY gastric bypass is a minimal invasive surgery. This is performed by introducing a laparoscope, which is connected to a video camera, through small abdominal incisions. The surgery is performed “inside” the abdomen after gas has been inserted to expand it. Special stapling instruments are used to separate about 5% of the stomach to create a new small Gastric Pouch. The remaining 95% of the stomach (Excluded Stomach) is not removed. It continues to produce digestive juices and some essential factors. The outlet from this newly formed Gastric Pouch is connected to the small intestine (Roux limb) so that food empties directly into the lower portion of the intestine (Small Intestine Common Channel) bypassing the stomach. Digestive juices produced by the stomach, pancreas, gall bladder and duodenum are directed by the Billio-Pancreatic Limb back into the common channel in a “Y” shape hookup that gives the technique its name (Roux-en-Y gastric bypass). The small Gastric Pouch causes patients to feel full sooner and eat less (restriction); bypassing a portion of the intestine means the patient’s body absorbs fewer calories (malabsorption).

FAQ

not available currently

Top Doctors For Gastric Bypass – Roux-En-Y Treatment

Choose specialists in a country

    480

Dr. K. Sridhar Beauty / Plastic Surgery | Gender: Male | Experience: 37 years | Hospital: SIMS Hospital, Chennai
Dr. Dilip Kumar Beauty / Plastic Surgery | Gender: Male | Experience: 10 years | Hospital: Seven Hills Hospital, Mumbai
Dr. Prateek Arora Beauty / Plastic Surgery | Gender: Male | Experience: 10 years | Hospital: Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket
Dr. Angelo Fusco Beauty / Plastic Surgery | Gender: Male | Experience: 24 years | Hospital: RAK Hospital
Dr. M. Nahel Hilal Beauty / Plastic Surgery | Gender: Male | Experience: 25 years | Hospital: Saudi German Hospital
Dr. Naser Dwaik Beauty / Plastic Surgery | Gender: Male | Experience: 19 years | Hospital: Saudi German Hospital
Dr. Angelo Fusco Beauty / Plastic Surgery | Gender: Male | Experience: 20 years | Hospital: Al Zahra Dubai
Dr. John Nesan Beauty / Plastic Surgery | Gender: Male | Experience: 21 years | Hospital: Apollo Spectra Hospitals, MRC Nagar, Chennai
Dr. G. S. Radhakrishnan Beauty / Plastic Surgery | Gender: Male | Experience: 25 years | Hospital: Apollo Spectra Hospitals, MRC Nagar, Chennai
Dr. Manjushree Naik Beauty / Plastic Surgery | Gender: Female | Experience: 25 years | Hospital: Apollo Spectra Hospitals, MRC Nagar, Chennai
Dr. Avtar Singh Bath Beauty / Plastic Surgery | Gender: Male | Experience: 25 years | Hospital: BLK Hospitals

Top Hospitals For Gastric Bypass – Roux-En-Y Treatment

Choose hospitals in a country

    480

Columbia Asia Hospital, Bengaluru Columbia Asia is an international healthcare group operating a chain of modern hospitals across Indi
Gleaneagles Global Hospital, Mumbai Gleneagles Global Hospital, Mumbai offers end-to-end clinical, surgical and diagnostic services. The
Kerala Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS), Trivandrum KIMS HEALTHCARE GROUP is one of Asia’s leading multi-specialty hospital networks focussed on provi
Peerless Hospital, Kolkata 400 bed Multi-Specialty Peerless Hospital & B.K.Roy Research Centre is build around the core princip
Ramesh Hospital, Vijayawada Ramesh Hospital’s Main Centre flagship unit, located in the heart of Vijayawada, has been offering
Whatsapp