More about Treatment
The surgical procedure is done to remove fat from areas of body such as:
- Upper arms
- Chin or neck area
- Calves and ankle region
- Breast or treatment of gynecomastia
Difference between Liposuction vs CoolSculpting:
- CoolSculpting also known as cryolipolysis is a noninvasive procedure while Liposuction is an invasive method done with anesthesia
- Side effects of CoolSculpting usually goes off within few weeks, however Liposuction may cause blood clots or other complications
- CoolSculpting can remove 25 percent of fat cells, while on the other hand, Liposuction can remove about 11 pounds of fat
- Both CoolSculpting and Liposuction can be done as outpatient procedure
Types of Liposuction:
There are only a few liposuction techniques. However, all they have in common is the thin tube called cannula that is connected to a vacuum in order to suck the fat from the body. Few of the liposuction methods are as follows:
1. Tumescent Liposuction:
This is a common technique of liposuction method. In this surgical procedure, the surgeon usually injects a sterile solution along with lidocaine as well as epinephrine to the region where fat is to be removed. The saline solution makes it easier to remove fat with less pain as well as blood loss.
2. Ultrasound-Assisted Liposuction (UAL):
In this cosmetic surgical procedure, the surgeon uses sound wave energy by placing it under the skin in order to rupture the cell walls of the fat. This procedure liquefies the fat such that it can be suctioned out.
3. Laser Liposuction or Laser-Assisted Liposuction or Smart Lipo:
To liquefy the fat, a laser is produced in order to produce a burst of fat in this surgical procedure.
4. Power-Assisted Liposuction (PAL):
In this type of surgical procedure, a cannula is used to produce vibration thus allowing the surgeon to pull out the fat faster and more easily
Diagnosis and Treatment:
These are the diagnosis and treatment procedures for liposuction surgery.
Preparation for the treatment:
- As part of preparation for the treatment, surgeon usually discusses what to expect from the surgery
- Medical history of the patient is reviewed prior to the treatment
- Doctor asks for any medical conditions you have where you are under any medications or supplements
- Surgeon will ask to stop few medications such as blood thinners three weeks before the surgery
- Few lab tests procedure is also asked to be done prior to the surgery
Prior to the treatment:
- Surgeon usually marks small circles as well as lines on the region of your body to be treated
- Photos of before and after liposuction will also be taken to compare
- Surgeon decides on the technique that is appropriate for the patient based on their treatment goals and also based on the region of the body to be treated
During the treatment:
- Local anesthesia is provided for certain types of liposuction surgical procedure to the area of the body to be treated
- Some of the other surgical procedures may require general anesthesia where the patient gets to temporary state of unconsciousness
- Sedative is given through an IV fluid injection to help the patient remain calm and composed
- Doctors will monitor heart rate, blood pressure as well as oxygen level in blood continuously throughout the procedure
- The surgical procedure usually takes few hours depending upon the extent of fat reduction
- Patient may stay in the hospital overnight to be monitored that if he/she is dehydrated due to the surgical procedure
Prognosis and Post-treatment:
- Surgeon prescribes medication to control the pain as well as antibiotics to help reduce the infection
- Post-treatment surgeon usually leaves incisions open and also places few temporary drains for fluid drainage
- Wearing tight clothing are usually advised post-surgery to help reduce swelling for few weeks
Liposuction Recovery Timeline:
- Swelling from the surgical procedure usually subsides within some weeks
- The patient can expect the area treated to have an appearance that’s leaner within few months
- Many patients can get back to normal life within 2 weeks of surgery
Liposuction Recovery Tips / Liposuction aftercare:
- Recovery results from liposuction procedure are long lasting until and unless the person maintains a proper weight.
- It is advised by the doctor to maintain proper diet and have a good exercise regime to maintain weight post-surgery
Risks with Liposuction Surgery:
Unlike any surgery, liposuction has its own risks involved and few of them are as follows:
- Contour irregularities
- Fluid accumulation
- Internal puncture
- Fat embolism
- Heart or Kidney problems
- Lidocaine toxicity
- Burns from instruments
- Damage to nerves or muscles
- Blood clot in deep veins
The cost of liposuction usually varies depending upon the origin of the country the patient is located, region of the body to be treated and the expertise of the doctor. However, an average liposuction costs $3,500.
1. Does liposuction work?
Yes, liposuction results are normally long lasting as long as you maintain your weight.
2. Is large volume liposuction safe?
Usually large volume liposuction is a safe as well as an effective procedure especially when patients are carefully selected. Also, when anesthetic and also surgical techniques are properly performed.
3. Is there liposuction with no surgery?
CoolSculpting is a method that helps to remove extra fat cells from underneath the skin without surgery.
4. What are strawberry laser liposuction reviews?
With its great reviews, Strawberry laser liposuction is a non-invasive, fat burning treatment which can melt fat and inches within an hour.
5. How much does male liposuction cost?
Liposuction for men usually costs from $3,000 to almost $7,000 depending upon the body part and the patient.
6. Does liposuction leave scars or cause bruising?
During the liposuction surgery, very small incisions are made to remove the fat cells. These small incisions are usually small as well as made in inconspicuous areas whenever possible, so they are less noticeable and leave no scars.
7. How to reduce swelling after liposuction?
Usually Lymphatic drainage massages can help in reducing fluid build-up that is under the skin after surgical procedure and prevent severe swelling.
8. How much does non-surgical liposuction cost?
The average cost of nonsurgical liposuction fat reduction is USD 1,376
Top Doctors For Liposuction Surgery Treatment
Choose specialists in a country
- More Countries
Top Hospitals For Liposuction Surgery Treatment
Choose hospitals in a country
- More Countries